Re: tempspace usage

From: <john_at_wildbare.com>
Date: 6 Oct 2005 02:06:40 -0700

Yes I agree. After additional 'over-night' thought I decided that they must be using different access paths.

The reason for the different access paths it that in my sql*plus test I had hard coded some parameters, whilst in the 'real' pl/sql implementation bind variables are used.

When via TOAD I explain with hard coded parameters and the with bind variable I sure enough get different access paths. It is basically an 8i problem, from 9i the optimizer considers bind variables when choosing an access path? Received on Thu Oct 06 2005 - 04:06:40 CDT