Re: OCCI Connection Pool on Oracle RAC

From: Peter Sylvester <peters_no_spam_please_at_not_here.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:21:05 -0400

I was not thinking load balancing, just failover in case of server crash or unavailability (network down, etc). Certainly the server is not going to assist much in this scenario. I don't think you need to run RAC to get this to work (unless you really need to connect to the same database). It seems that much of this is done through tnsnames.ora configuration, which suggests a client side implementation.

--Peter