Re: missing tnslistener service on XP Home

From: PJ6 <nobody_at_nowhere.net>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 18:43:46 GMT

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:te58k1pfp4tu70ue07pehn5ju4rava0jo2_at_4ax.com...
> Just apply the normal method to configure a listener. It is
> documented.
> If it doesn't work: please go away. Oracle is not certified against XP
> Home. What you are up to has nothing to do with proper development and
> database administration, it is just plain hacking. As far as I am
> concerned, you can do that on your own, without any help from this
> forum.

If I had a choice I woudn't be even be touching Oracle. I'm just doing what I've been told to do, and I must make the effort no matter how stupidly or inefficeintly I think this project is being handled.

Thank you for taking the time to tell me you don't want to help. I will not go away. I will take any help I can get and I'm glad you don't speak for the entire forum.

Paul Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 13:43:46 CDT