Re: missing tnslistener service on XP Home

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 20:08:32 +0200

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 17:35:22 GMT, "PJ6" <nobody_at_nowhere.net> wrote:

>I know it's not "supported", but I was wondering, since I have confirmed
>reports that Oracle can work on XP Home, if there is a way to get this
>service installed an running on it. It is my understanding that
>Tomcat/Apache cannot connect to Oracle without it.
>
>Paul

Just apply the normal method to configure a listener. It is documented.
If it doesn't work: please go away. Oracle is not certified against XP Home. What you are up to has nothing to do with proper development and database administration, it is just plain hacking. As far as I am concerned, you can do that on your own, without any help from this forum.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA