dbms_stats question...

From: RaviAlluru <ravi.alluru_at_gmail.com>
Date: 5 Oct 2005 10:48:21 -0700

Hello All,

    I am doing the following:

dbms_stats.gather_table_stats(ownname=> 'PINARC203', tabname=> 'EVENT_T', partname=> NULL , estimate_percent=> 30 );

Now EVENT_T is a partitioned table with weekly partitions exceeding 130 in number.

The above command executes successfully. I am assumig if we set partname to NULL it should be running Global Stats for the table.

But when I query the data dictionary table with the following:

select * from user_tab_partitions p where p.TABLE_NAME='EVENT_T'

I nsee the columns LAST_ANALYZED is NULL and GLOBAL_STATS and USER_STATS is set to NO?

Why dont these get updated in the data dictionary?

Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks
Ravi Alluru Received on Wed Oct 05 2005 - 12:48:21 CDT