Re: Granting 'connect' role- which 7 privilages it gives ?

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2005 08:41:24 -0700

yong321_at_yahoo.com wrote:
> You must have granted RESOURCE role, not CONNECT. When RESOURCE is
> granted, UNLIMITED TABLESPACE system privilege, not bundled inside
> RESOURCE, is also granted together with it. Just revoke unlimited
> tablespace from thatuser if you have to grant RESOURCE.
>
> Yong Huang

No one ever 'has to' grant RESOURCE. My recommendation based on a reasonable expectation by management of system security is that it never be granted.

Determine the specific requirements for the job, create your own role, and assign the role you have created.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org