Re: how to recover/restore a database using archive logs & control files 8i

From: etravels <emerryan_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 08:47:26 -0700

LOG_MODE

ARCHIVELOG yes we have archives
I only dropped this tablespace yesterday as I was creating a new schema. It is not part of the backup as they were taken on friday

I am a Jnr DBA but learning...thanks again:

Error:

ORACLE instance shut down.
SQL> startup pfile=d:\oracle\admin\anne\pfile\initio.ora ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area 514410524 bytes

Fixed Size                    75804 bytes
Variable Size             186482688 bytes
Database Buffers          327680000 bytes
Redo Buffers                 172032 bytes
Database mounted.
ORA-01113: file 12 needs media recovery
ORA-01110: data file 12: 'C:\DATA\DEV_TS1.DBF'

I have arc files and only just want to backup from yesterday, state is this possible/
?
what is the best file recovery freeware software I can use to recover from the recycling bin,

cHEERS Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 10:47:26 CDT