Re: how to recover/restore a database using archive logs & control files 8i

From: EdStevens <quetico_man_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 05:37:45 -0700

etravels wrote:
> I deleted a tablespace because it was not needed, now when I start up
> the instance I get the following;
>
> ORA-01113: file 12 needs media recovery
>
> If i use the command select * from v$datafiles, I can see the file in
> online mode, now I just want to rollback to yesterday's state
>
> We had a crash last night and I think the oringal datafile locked the
> system
>
> we do not have a back since friday, only an export? Can I use this?

You don't say what version of Oracle or what OS you're on. That's critical info.

You say you 'deleted' a tablespace, but it sounds like you simply deleted the OS file that implemented tha tablespace. Did you actually issue a DROP TABLESPACE command? That's also critical info.

Until we know exactly what you did, and on what system, we'd just be guessing. Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 07:37:45 CDT