how to recover/restore a database using archive logs & control files 8i

From: etravels <emerryan_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 03:45:58 -0700

I deleted a tablespace because it was not needed, now when I start up the instance I get the following;

ORA-01113: file 12 needs media recovery

If i use the command select * from v$datafiles, I can see the file in online mode, now I just want to rollback to yesterday's state

We had a crash last night and I think the oringal datafile locked the system

we do not have a back since friday, only an export? Can I use this?

E Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 05:45:58 CDT