Re: Automating Database Startup and Shutdown on Tru64 os V5.1A

From: fabrizio imperio <baobab2_at_gmail.com>
Date: 4 Oct 2005 00:10:37 -0700

fabrizio ha scritto:
> Ok tomorrow I will try to follow your suggestion,
> I'll tell you the result.
> Thanks so much again.
> Fabrizio

Dear users,
the reason because the script I pasted did not work was that I didn't edit the /etc/hosts.equiv file.
The machine and root therefore were not trusted for the use of rsh. So it showed me "permission deined".

I tryed also to use su - oracle -c " .... " as all of you suggested me (I also tryed to re-write the entire script) but while the listener seens to start at the boot it is instead down. Moreover in the $ORACLE_HOME/startup.log file I see: no init file found for database <db.SID>.

thanks for you time,
Fabrizio Received on Tue Oct 04 2005 - 02:10:37 CDT