Re: ASP ODBC error to Oracle

From: Niall Litchfield <Niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2005 06:20:27 +0100

junho.cho_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
> I am using ASP 3.0 on Windows 2000 server to access Oracle 9.2.
>

> I have following ASP script to create an ODBC connection to Oracle
> server
> via ODBC on Windows 2000 server.
>

> SET conn = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection")
> conn.Open "dsn=ORACLEProd01;uid=ACHO;pwd=xxxxx"
>

> I made connection this way, because my web users will not have user
> name for the Oracle server.
>

> Anyways, I strongly suspect it's something to do with access right to
> some dll files. The ASP page works fine for any users with Admin right
>
> on Windows 2000 server, even one without access right to Oracle.
> However, I get following error message for users without Admin right on
>
> server. Because of very strict security measures, we don't give access
>
> right to all folders in server to everyone. Oh, also, ASP script is in
>
> "Integrated Windows Authentication" mode.

You will need to make sure that

  1. You use a system DSN (sounds like you have)
  2. You grant read/execute rights on %ORACLE_HOME%\bin to (I suggest) the group AUTHENTICATED USERS. If you wanted to make the web site open for anonymous access you'd need to grant this to the IUSER_<MACHINENAME> account.

You'll find the policies required set out at http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/html/A95494_01/postcfg.htm#1014907

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA