ASP ODBC error to Oracle

From: <junho.cho_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Oct 2005 12:47:38 -0700

Hi,
I am using ASP 3.0 on Windows 2000 server to access Oracle 9.2.

I have following ASP script to create an ODBC connection to Oracle server
via ODBC on Windows 2000 server.

SET conn = Server.CreateObject ("ADODB.Connection") conn.Open "dsn=ORACLEProd01;uid=ACHO;pwd=xxxxx"

I made connection this way, because my web users will not have user name for the Oracle server.

Anyways, I strongly suspect it's something to do with access right to some dll files. The ASP page works fine for any users with Admin right

on Windows 2000 server, even one without access right to Oracle. However, I get following error message for users without Admin right on

server. Because of very strict security measures, we don't give access

right to all folders in server to everyone. Oh, also, ASP script is in

"Integrated Windows Authentication" mode.

Error Type:
Microsoft OLE DB Provider for ODBC Driver (0x80040E4D) [Oracle][ODBC][Ora]Error while trying to retrieve text for error ORA-12154
/ndd/nddTrans.asp, line 15

Line 15 is

       conn.Open "dsn=ORACLEProd01;uid=ACHO;pwd=xxxxx"

I suspect that non admin users having problem running ODBC dsn. Do you

know how to give proper right for the ODBC?

Thanks,
Junho

P.S. Forgive me for posting mutiple sections of google group if you are posting ohter groups. Received on Mon Oct 03 2005 - 14:47:38 CDT