Re: concurrent access

From: sk <sk_at_dkfjd.com>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 19:25:03 GMT

Jim

Thanks for replay.

> Is the table a view with an order by?

No I am not specifying any "orderby"
This table is the view with about 30000 rows and( with about 5 fields varchar nothing special).

>What happens if you select from just one sqlplus
> session.

I don't have any problem. Just it takes time to display everything.

The thing is we met similar problem with the application we are developing in JAVA.
what it does is execuing following two lines I am accessing throught jdbc

select count(*) from thistableview
select * from thistableview

If running only one instance of the application, we don't have any problem. However, when two users trying to do the same thing at the same time. Sometimes we get (OALL8 is in an inconsistent state) error.

Any clue?

SK