10g Application Server(9.0.4) move to New Farm?

From: Willim <news_at_neisius.nailed.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2005 17:58:25 GMT

So far my TAR to Oracle on this has resulted in "Not Possible" response. I still don't believe it...

Here's the problem: Application server is a member of a farm (DB repository).
That farm is moving to a DMZ; server needs to move to a different farm. How?

Oracle's response is "Not Possible"... you can leave a farm, but you can only
rejoin the same farm. Got them to agree that Un-installing the application server and Re-installing the server should work... but surely there's a better way?

It looks to me like I should be able to:

dcmctl leavefarm

...to make it a stand-alone instance, then use the Infrastructure tab on the Application Server control web page to join the new farm. Sounds too easy...

Documentation isn't exactly clear (at least to me). It mentions File Repositories
and DB repositories; you can change the farm with a file repository, but not a DB repository? But if the server "leavefarm"s, doesn't that essentially put it in a local file repository?

Anyone done this?

Application Server version 10g 9.0.4.0.0 Received on Sun Oct 02 2005 - 12:58:25 CDT