Re: Automating Database Startup and Shutdown on Tru64 os V5.1A

From: fabrizio <fabrizio.imperio_at_alice.it>
Date: Sun, 2 Oct 2005 15:02:03 +0200

"Fabrizio Magni" ha scritto
> I donnot use thru64 but from what I'm seeing you are trying to execute the
> script as the user "oracle" while you assigned permission 750 and the
> ownership is root:system.
>
> The permission denied is due to oracle not having the execution privilage
> on your script.
>
> I would even check this line:
>
> if [ ! "$2" = "ORA_DB" ] ; then
> rsh $HOST -l $ORACLE /sbin/init.d/oracle $1 ORA_DB
> exit
> fi
>
> (not too elegant in my opinion and it should be the reason for permission
> denied during boot)
>

> and:
>
> echo "starting Oracle Net listener"
> $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start >> $LOG 2>&1 &
>
> If you launch the script as root you can have some bad surprises.
>
> Regards

I'll try to change the ownership to the /etc/oracle file, I'll assign it oracle:oinstall ownership.
But I tryed to launch the script as root user and always it showed me permission deined;
this is the bad surprise you was talking about?

thanks for your attention.
Fabrizio Received on Sun Oct 02 2005 - 08:02:03 CDT