Re: Performance debugging tips

From: gfsolis <gfsolis_at_gmail.com>
Date: 2 Oct 2005 00:20:33 -0700

Hi. i hope you understand my english, im from Ecuador, South America.

Oracle has a lot of techniques to make faster DML operations (Data manipulation language), those could be selects, inserts, updates or deletes; one of this techeniques is that any time you do a "select" a lot of records go from the hard disk to memory and the most recently used keep there, so with this, oracle ensure that the most used records are in memory, and the next time a select ask for it, oracle just go to the memory and dont go to the disk, and it make a faster query.

Maybe what happens with your debug is that you try a lot of times your proccess and any time you try there exists diferents records in memory because your other tries. And this make the diference.

You can make tunning to the oracle db, by telling oracle which are those records than should be in memory always, to make faster your proccess.

gfsolis.

stacy_friedman_at_hotmail.com ha escrito: