Re: IMP/EXP parfile question

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 1 Oct 2005 10:58:50 -0700

What version of Oracle? Traditional exp utility or expdp?

Back in the days of version 7 and I think still in 8.0 the tables= parameter had a limit of 99 tables, but I have exported more than 150 on 9.2.

Here is a way to test: generate a parfile with all 40,000 tables listed one per line and run an export with rows=n which will just export the DDL. If the exp runs through all 40K tables you do not have to worry. If it stops at a certain point then you will likely be able to identify how many lines a tables= parameter can handle.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Sat Oct 01 2005 - 12:58:50 CDT