Automating Database Startup and Shutdown on Tru64 os V5.1A

From: fabrizio <fabrizio.imperio_at_alice.it>
Date: Sat, 1 Oct 2005 08:13:48 +0200

Dear users,
I'm trying to configure the automatic oracle startup and shutdwn for tru64 OS V5.1A.
I followed the post-instalation in the reference manual so:

  1. in the /etc/oratab file I added DB_NAME:ORACLE_HOME:Y
  2. in the /sbin/init.d/oracle directory I added the script below. the /sbin/init.d/oracle is owned by root:system and its permissions are 750

#!/bin/sh
#
# change the value of ORACLE_HOME to be correct for your
# installation

    ORACLE_HOME=/MY/ORACLE/HOME/
    PATH=${PATH}:$ORACLE_HOME/bin
    HOST=MY.HOST.NAME
#
# change the value of ORACLE to the login name of the
# oracle owner at your site
#

    ORACLE=oracle
    export ORACLE_HOME PATH
#

    if [ ! "$2" = "ORA_DB" ] ; then

        rsh $HOST -l $ORACLE /sbin/init.d/oracle $1 ORA_DB
        exit

    fi
#

    LOG=$ORACLE_HOME/startup.log
    touch $LOG
    chmod a+r $LOG
#

    case $1 in
    'start')
        echo "$0: starting up" >> $LOG
        date >> $LOG
        # Start Oracle Net
        if [ -f $ORACLE_HOME/bin/tnslsnr ] ;
        then
            echo "starting Oracle Net listener"
            $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl start >> $LOG 2>&1 &
        fi
        echo "starting Oracle databases"
        $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbstart >> $LOG 2>&1
        ;;
    'stop')
        echo "$0: shutting down" >> $LOG
        date >> $LOG
        # Stop Oracle Net
        if [ -f $ORACLE_HOME/bin/tnslsnr ] ;
        then
            echo "stopping Oracle Net listener"
            $ORACLE_HOME/bin/lsnrctl stop >> $LOG 2>&1
            fi
        echo "stopping Oracle databases"
        $ORACLE_HOME/bin/dbshut >> $LOG 2>&1
        ;;
    *)
        echo "usage: $0 {start|stop}"
        exit
        ;;

    esac
#

    exit

3) then I created the .rhosts file in oracle user home directory

   the file is owned by oracle:oinstall and its permissions are 700.    In this file I put the string:

    MY.HOST.NAME root

4) finally I performed the following links:

    ln -s /sbin/init.d/oracle /sbin/rc3.d/S99oracle     ln -s /sbin/init.d/oracle /sbin/rc0.d/K01oracle

It should be correct but during the stratup of the system I see nothing about the
oracle starting up I see only a strange PERMISSON DEINED.

If I try to launch as root the command:

    rsh MY.HOST.NAME -l oracle /sbin/init.d/oracle

as in the script the I see the same PERMISSION DEINED. So I think that the script is launched correctly but something appens when the script try to execute te rsh command

Could someone tell me where I'm wrong? Received on Sat Oct 01 2005 - 01:13:48 CDT