Trying to recover a corrupted Undo Tablespace

From: Funky Paw <rgaudet77_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2005 14:42:41 -0700

Hi,
I have a test database that was having some disk problem a couple of weeks ago and we just replaced it last week. We manager to get a Ghost image of the machine before replacing the disk and managed to save everything or so we thought.
After the restore, I tried starting up the instance and had a few issues like a corrupted control file (They were multiplxed so that was easy to fix) but my Undo tablespace is corrupt and since this is a test system, I haven't set up a backup for this machine yet. The database was all set up with a script and we have been putting test data in it for a while but, looking at it now, there are some things that we'll want to change in ptoduction to prevent this from happening in a live environment.
I don't have a backup of the UNDOTBS01 and there is only the one file...I performed a media recovery on the datafile and iot was successful but when opening the database, it fails and in the alert log, it reports that there is a corrupted block in the tablespace. I was going to run the BLOCKRECOVER in RMAN but the RMAN user doesn not have rights on the target database and since I can't open the database, I can't grant it the necessary rights.
Is there anything I can do to recover this tablespace or am I S.O.L? I'm not worried about data in the tablespace so even if there was a way to take it offline temporarily to open the DB and then drop it, that would work.
Anyways, any suggestions are greately appreciated. BTW, this is Oracle 9i Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 16:42:41 CDT