Re: Exporting just schema/metadata (w/o data) in Oracle

From: <fitzjarrell_at_cox.net>
Date: 30 Sep 2005 11:13:07 -0700

gazzag wrote:
> Not using the export utility. However, use a combination of dynamic
> SQL and the dbms_metadata database package.
>
> HTH.
Interesting, then, that Oracle has provided the ROWS=N option for exp to NOT export data. The following command should do what the OP asks:

exp user/pass file=... rows=n compress=n

I just completed an export of my development server with that command and generated a dump file of everything but the data for the given schema.

It seems it is possible with export.

David Fitzjarrell Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 13:13:07 CDT