Re: 10G r2 Scheduler

From: <bdbafh_at_gmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2005 10:28:57 -0700

>> Hi all,
>> Can scheduler start an executable on another d/base server?

> Yes, with proper login credentials & privs.

... Or with an improper rootkit.
You might consider installing the cygwin environment in order to run an OpenSSH dæmon on both host and setup shared keys.

Another alternative is to used shared local OS accounts and a utility such as psexec.exe from sysinternals.com. note: some anti-virus software identifies psexec.exe as malware.

I think that you might want to rethink your design here.

Are you sure that you actually want to call out to executables on either server?
Consider running the reporting application as a dæmon on the other host and access the database with an oracle client from the other server - processing a queue within the database.

I've seen postings indicating that extproc listener callouts can use large amounts of memory per session and they have frequently been a security issue.

hth.

-bdbafh Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 12:28:57 CDT