Re: Eliminating cartesian merge

From: <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 30 Sep 2005 03:12:51 -0700

Chuck,

I've been fighting a similar battle with Peoplesoft HRMS and Oracle 9.2.0.6.... I have identified several 'bugs' with the Oracle optimizer over the past 6 months (all related to the optimizers <in>ability to handle subqueries).

I would personally not create a RULE based outline for that one query because you will be adding an overhead to every single SQL statement during its parse phase. I would make sure that parse time is not a significant portion of your response time before implementing this solution.

Is the query in question delivered or customized...?

Matt Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 05:12:51 CDT