Standard Edition (One) and terabyte data

From: Arto Viitanen <arto.viitanen_at_csc.fi>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 12:08:28 +0300

We are obtaining a dedicated database server for a repository that will contain terabytes of data (about 2-3 at start). Since the server will be a dual cpu computer, Oracle Standard Edition One could be suitable software. But, I just found (on some small print on the data sheet) that it "for databases up to around 500 GB of Data".

What does this mean? Can I not set tablespace larger than 500 GB, or is this only some kind of recommendation?

--
Arto Viitanen
CSC, Finland