Re: Oracle Question

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 09:17:57 +0200

On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 07:30:02 +0200, Bhushan wrote (in article <1128058201.974949.145430_at_g43g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>):

> Actually my requirement is -
> I want a Unix Program which when sees the record, it will
> automatically load it
> to an Oracle table(i can write script for this but i want program to
> accpet this record ) this program should listen on specific port , and
> it will always run on Unix. this record will be sent by another
> program which i have.

Looks a bit like simple queue transaction if you ask me. Can be done using dbms_pipe. Can the 'other' side connect to oracle and place the record in a dbms_pipe ?

With kind regards / met vriendelijke groeten, Ronald

http://ciber.nl
http://homepage.mac.com/ik_zelf/oracle Received on Fri Sep 30 2005 - 02:17:57 CDT