Re: Been given a chance at a new DB layout...

From: NetComrade <netcomradeNSPAM_at_bookexchange.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2005 22:00:51 GMT

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 20:38:25 GMT, Vince Laurent <vincelaurent_at_REMOVETHISsbcglobal.net> wrote:

>Sorry.... Oracle 9.2.0.4 on HP-UX 11i. Moving to and EMC Array.

We recently moved to EMC, and just created a partition (LUN) per server.. Dropped everything there, and things are flying vs. our old A5200s..

I initially reserved some disks for redo logs, but I don't think I'll be moving them any time soon.

I will separate LUNS for archived logs though.

FYI, we are 'mostly' an OLTP shop.. However, out batch jobs at night have reduced dramatically in processing times (well, we switched from old sparc II to latest AMD processors as well).

Don't bother with crazy LUN designs, unless you really need to. But do take into account what Mr. Stevens said (operator error).

We use Oracle 8.1.7.4 and 9.2.0.6/7 on Solaris 2.7 and RH4 remove NSPAM to email Received on Wed Sep 28 2005 - 17:00:51 CDT