Re: select on partition

From: JONL <jon.m.landenburger_at_verizon.com>
Date: 27 Sep 2005 13:01:37 -0700

thanks for the response. WE are using 9i cbo after being in 8 using rule. I dont have access to metalink but I will work that out with our dba. Without sounding too ignorrant by "a 'pre-query' query to identify the partitions you will need " do you mean to use multiple queries instead of a singe join. Something like

get index_bill_refs from Bill_invoice
foreach index_bill_ref

    query Bill_invoice_detail
or
get index_bill_refs from Bill_invoice

    discern index_bill_ref (from tab_partitions)      get data from partition

This in fact is what we are finding to be very helpful. Just did'nt we would have to resort to that. Received on Tue Sep 27 2005 - 15:01:37 CDT