Re: Installing oracle on fedora core 4 with 256 mb ram..

From: Chom Noamsky <chom_at_bomb.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 17:06:14 GMT

"nirav" <shivam71_at_gmail.com> wrote in message news:1127747466.061939.53170_at_o13g2000cwo.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>

> I am facing a difficulty in this: While installing oracle 10g on Fedora
> 4, the installation is failing without giving any error message. At the
> time while it fails, the text being displayed is
> :Linking oracle net required support files' and 'building client shared
> libraries' the icon of an arrow that keeps blinking then stops blinking
>
> and after a few minutes the OUI exits without any error message.
>
> Can u pl. help me resolve this?

Look at the installer logs, usually under $ORACLE_BASE/oraInventory/logs. That should give you a clue as to whether it's resource exhaustion or something else. How much swap space do you have? With that small amount of ram you should have at least 1 GB of swap Received on Mon Sep 26 2005 - 12:06:14 CDT