Re: replication throughput

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 15:41:54 -0700

scottk wrote:
> Good points, even if put forth with a bit of an attitude. I'm looking
> for answers, not arguments, thank you very much.
>
> The version is 8.1.7 using advanced replication, async, parallel 2.
>
> Is there anything else that I should be providing?
>
> Thank you to anyone who wishes to be helpful.
>
> Scott Keller

Didn't mean for there to be any attitude. Just couldn't believe you were asking for help on replication without providing any information as to what was being replicated or how.

Sitting in the airport now so I can't get into it beyond saying that 8.1.7.4 started deprecation in December of last year and the replication capabilities are not a fraction of what is now available with Streams in 10g. Any chance you could upgrade?

BTW: What is the bandwidth? Have you run stats to determine where the bottleneck is?

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org