Re: replication throughput

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_psoug.org>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2005 14:10:51 -0700

scottk wrote:
> I saw on this group a discussion about replication throughput, but
> apparently it didn't finish.
>
> I'm interested in information about maximizing replication throughput.
> We currently have a larger transaction rate going into replication than
> coming out of it and therefore we get a huge backlog (100's of
> thousands) of transactions.
>
> Is there a solution? We have it running asynch and with parallel
> processes already.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Scott Keller
> skeller1111_at_yahoo.com
> scott t keller at verizon - put .'s between the name and a .com at the
> end. No junk mail here please, there's already enough from our own
> system pages.

Does your Oracle have a version?
Does your replication have a methodology?

How can anyone reading this know whether you have 10gR2 with Streams or 9i with DataGuard or 8.1.7.2 with Advanced Rep?

And as I am flying to Hawaii in hours hopefully someone else can address your question when you provide sufficient information from which an answer can be formulated.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
http://www.psoug.org