Re: default port for EM

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 17:18:27 GMT

On Fri, 23 Sep 2005 09:50:33 -0700, epipko interested us by writing:

> Hi all,
> I installed 10.2 on Win2003.
> I want to open Enterprice Manager, but don't know how.
> What do I enter in : http://<host_name>:5500/em (<- example)???
>
> Thanks,
> Eugene

Step 1 - ensure the EM database control is up

        (see Services in Control Panel > Admin Tools)

Step 2 - http://127.0.0.1:5500/em

        (or something like that, depending on install)

You were told the URL in the window at the end of installation. (But most people on Windows seem to close that window without reading it.)

The file in %ORACLE_HOME%/<database>/install/portlist.ini should also have the URL provided at install. However, it is not kept up to date, if you decide to change the URL manually.

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com