How to reset a pl/sql-collection ?

From: Jens <jens.mayer1_at_gmx.de>
Date: 23 Sep 2005 00:57:46 -0700

Hi,

I want to use a collection (a nested table in this case) in my pl/sql-program.
I have to execute the following steps (for many times during a session):

1.) the collection is filled with some data
2.) processing the collection-data
3.) the collection is resetted and filled with other data
4.) processing the collection-data
5.) and so on....

To reset the collection in Step 3, I'm using a constructor:

mycollection := collectiontype(); -- to empty mycollection

Works fine, but is this recommended? What about the allocated memory ? Is it released immediately ? Or do I have to face a growth of allocated memory ?

I couldn't find anything in the documentation, does anybody has experiences with this approach ?

Using Oracle 9.2.0.3.0

greets, Jens Received on Fri Sep 23 2005 - 02:57:46 CDT