Re: error to connect ASP page to Oracle

From: <jrefactors_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2005 15:59:52 -0700

More questions to clarify...

  1. In ODBC Data Source Administrator, in System DSN tab, when I add a new data source, I will see the list of data source. "Oracle in OraHome92" actually means Oracle ODBC Driver 9.2?
  2. ODBC Data Source Administrator only shows the list of ODBC drivers, we couldn't see any OLE-DB Providers in the list. For OLE-DB Providers, we can see that when using UDL trick. Is that correct?
  3. For ASP application to connect to Oracle database, which of the following is the best driver to choose? Why? How do we choose? My understanding is that OLE-DB is better than ODBC. Is that correct? Is that because we don't need to setup DSN in ODBC Data Source Administrator?

Microsoft OLD DB Provider for Oracle
Oracle Provider for OLE-DB
Oracle ODBC

Please advise more... thanks!! Received on Thu Sep 22 2005 - 17:59:52 CDT