Re: QUESTION: RMAN Database duplication

From: <dominica_at_gmail.com>
Date: 22 Sep 2005 13:45:12 -0700

Keith is right.
Be careful with the "target" (target is the original DB).

My work has db11 and db33.

I always run this RMAN duplicate database script from db33 (target, the original db)
and then when I finish running RMAN script. I found my "duplicate" DB on db11. (db11 is for QA testing).

I set my
auxiliary=sys/password_at_ABC (ABC is my connecting string to go to the destination host)

The following is part of my script.. to run the duplicate database.

RUN {
#
# Select a time (ET) after the backup set of interest.
#

SET UNTIL TIME = '2005-05-12 10:00:00';
#
# or
#
#SET UNTIL LOGSEQ 134710 THREAD 1;
#
# Duplicate the database.
#

ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch0 TYPE DISK;
ALLOCATE AUXILIARY CHANNEL ch1 TYPE DISK; DUPLICATE TARGET DATABASE TO ABC
        NOFILENAMECHECK;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch1;
RELEASE CHANNEL ch0;