FGAC Question

From: Ryan S <rshevchi_at_vt.edu>
Date: 22 Sep 2005 11:11:55 -0700

We currently have a 9i Database with OLS and FGAC. The reason for FGAC is that a user can have multiple roles based on the different OLS compartments. They can be view-only on compartment 1, update on 2, manager on 3...etc. Also some of the compartments are private so that only users assigned to that group can see it. So our predicate first checks to see if the group for that row is public(table join) and if not (via an OR) goes to a lookup table to see if the user has permissions. Updates/Inserts are more even more compliated but I am mostly worried about Selects. We are seeing about a 50% hit in performance. Is there a better way to accomplish this?

Thanks Received on Thu Sep 22 2005 - 13:11:55 CDT