OracleService does not start. Please help

From: RC <roynospam_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 16:10:52 +0200

Hello,

I installed Oracle Server 8.1.5 and the Oracle Enterprise Manager. I used a PC with Windows XP Pro.
I have configured the server, configured the client-machine and after a day of configuring it worked fine. The client-application was working too. All good at the end of the day.... I thought. I boot the Windows XP Pro 'server', and from then on the trouble started.

My OracleService does not start anymore. In my Computer Management-Services it was configured as Startup Type Automatic. The status is Starting and it never stops Starting. It will not go to Started.
So I've set the startuptype to manual, rebooted and tried to start the OracleService manually via Computer Management-Services. After a while I get the message Error 1053 that the service couldn't be started in a timely fashion.

The TNSListener is started.

computername: hertog-oracle
global databasename: DBHERTOG
SID: SIDHERT TNSNAMES.ORA: DBHERTOG =
  (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = hertog-oracle)(PORT = 1521))     )
(CONNECT_DATA =

      (SERVICE_NAME = DBHERTOG)
    )
  )

Please help!! How can I get the database started again? I heard it could via SQL Plus, I tried 1000 users, passwords (just the defaults), and host-strings, nothing works to log on.

Thanks in advance,

Roy Received on Thu Sep 22 2005 - 09:10:52 CDT