Can`t use default pwd & SYSDBA to use SQLPlus

From: <r_at_gnar.de>
Date: 22 Sep 2005 02:14:27 -0700

HI,

If I want to log into Oracle Management Console using "launch oracle management server" I get an "access denied"-error. I haven`t changed password of user SYSDBA. If I access the Console via "standalone" I can connect to my database with SYSDBA\CHANGE_ON_INSTALL. Can it be that some service is not running? Why is there a difference? I checked and tested my services and listener but couldnt find any strange things.
Same for SYSMAN: yesterday it worked, I could use this user for the first time. I had to change password but now I can`t connect with the new password.

I want to reset the password of SYSMAN by typing "execute smp_maintenance.reset_sysman();" in SQLPlus but I canīt connect to the server, access denied like mentioned above.

in short: how can I find out why my SYSDBA\CHANGE_ON_INSTALL has failed?

 best regards
Ragnar Received on Thu Sep 22 2005 - 04:14:27 CDT