Re: need advice, upgrading 7.3.4 to 10g

From: JSchneider <jeremypaulschneider_at_gmail.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2005 13:56:42 -0700

Just thought I'd post what I ended up deciding on...

Planning to go with a hybrid approach using both exp/imp and SQL*Plus COPY. Using 7.3.4 exp and 10g imp with ROWS=N to get the schema and all the various objects that might exist. All this is done while the production system is online.

Then, we only need downtime to run a script that uses the 8i SQL*Plus COPY command to move all the data from the 7.3.4 DB to the 10g DB. (This also prevents moving the data two or three times which would most likely be necessary with exp/imp.)

Thanks for the feedback,
Jeremy Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 15:56:42 CDT