Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1 and RAID5: Problem with creation of datafiles

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 21 Sep 2005 07:14:09 -0700

Volker, the problem you are experiencing is probably not an Oracle problem but rather is an OS or disk storage unit related problem. I say probably because you did not list your Oracle version and hardware Os version though I do not remember a limitation on file size except for 2G and 4G were limits in the past on certain Oracle versions and OS versions. I do not recall every hearing of a problem at only 1G.

We use 1G and 2G files all the time. I would like to be using 4G files but I will have to wait till the next time we rebuild the database from scratch.

Check the alert log for any error messages.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Wed Sep 21 2005 - 09:14:09 CDT