Re: Specifying Cursor SQL

From: Tim Marshall <TIMMY!_at_PurplePandaChasers.Moertherium>
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2005 17:06:51 -0230

Tim Marshall wrote:

>>> AFAIK, the above is not the way to do it. Could I please ask for
>>> some site, perhaps, that might explain how to use SQL in a dynamic
>>> way as I've tried to do up above?
>>
>> Look at the examples in Morgan's Library (www.psoug.org) for
>> Native Dynamic SQL.

As I mentioned, this would take me a while to go through, but it's totally out of my depth.

Is it really so involved to simply pass an SQL select statement to be used as, for example, a where clause in a cursor? Am I asking the wrong thing?

I've looked around google for some info on dynamic SQL and just mired myself into deeper holes. I thought
http://www.csee.umbc.edu/help/oracle8/server.815/a68022/dynsql.htm might be of some help to me, but it's just frustrated me further.

Again, I may be totally lost at sea, but are there any other options, sites that can be of some help? Oracle education (classes, seminars) is, unfortunately, not an option for me, at least not locally.

--
Tim    http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<