Re: 10g server won't start on XP

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 20:08:44 +0200

On 14 Sep 2005 11:01:48 -0700, "Jeff C" <jeffCalico_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>In XP's Administrative Tools --> Services I want
>to start:
>
>OracleServicesJeffDB1 (this starts ok)

The above line demonstrates the database DID start. Fire up a dos box, type
set oracle_sid=JeffDB1
and verify you can connect to the database.

Both the listener and the intelligent agent don't function. As you didn't post the relevant listener.ora, services.ora, snmp_rw.ora and snmp_ro.ora no help here.

I truly hope this wasn't an Oracle class.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA