Re: I hate auditing!!!

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:02:19 GMT

extents_at_gmail.com wrote:
> Hi
> I think I have far too much documentation to this simple audit and
> still isnt working....Im doing a simple test. Version 9.2.0 .
> audit_trail = DB . Restarted the instance.
>
> Ran as sysdba
> audit create any table by access;
> audit drop any table by access;
>
> As scott (a user)
> create table t3 (a number);
> drop table t3;
>
> Shuldnt there be an entry in aud$ for dropping the table t3? All I want
> to do is audit drop commands. How do I do it?
>
> Thanks in advance

If the user user the privilege "create any table" or "drop any table" then the audit trail will create an entry.
In your case, perhaps the user did not need to use that privilege.

Try: "audit table by access". This will audit drop/create/alter table commands.

Anurag Received on Mon Sep 12 2005 - 18:02:19 CDT