Re: ORA-23313: Not mastered

From: IANAL_VISTA <IANAL_Vista_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:50:48 GMT

adel.ardalan_at_gmail.com wrote in

> I'm trying to set up a 3 layer replication environment using Oracle 10g
> (10.1.0) on Windows XP Professional. When I want to create a MV
> replication group at the 2nd layer (MV on Master), I get the ORA-23313.
> I've just used Oracle 10g Advanced Replication API Reference manual
> example with changed object and service names. I tried changing service
> names, but I didn't work. I also checked the following query:
>
> SELECT * from dba_repgroups;
>
> at the master site and found that my replication group is created as a
> master one and is in normal state.
>
> Anybody could help?
>
> Tnx in advance
>
> Adel

/ *Cause: The group name is null, the group name is misspelled, the
/         invocation database is not a master, or the invocation database
/         does not believe the given database is a master.
/ *Action: If the given group name was correct, connect to a current master
/          and retry the request, make the invocation database a master
/          with add_master_database, or use switch_mview_master if the
/          invocation database is a materialized view site.