Re: How to capture information to analyze high load peak?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 00:24:39 +1000

chao_ping apparently said,on my timestamp of 10/09/2005 2:37 PM:

> Hi, Noons,
> I think delete from stats$snapshot should clean all the data
> related, what will be missed with del_snapshot?
> Can you give more information about it?

If you have statspack in a separate schema, do a search in user_objects for all the tables and indexes that make it up. Count the rows in all the tables. Now, run a purge with the script supplied by Oracle. Then, count the rows again. See which table row counts haven't gone down. There's two of them, IIRC.

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto