Re: TIMEOUT ON CONTROL FILE ENQUEUE

From: Stan Brown <stanb_at_panix.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 16:39:45 +0000 (UTC)

In <1126279871.743116.258320_at_g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com> jkstill_at_gmail.com writes:

>To answer question #3:

>You may startup the database in mount mode and run the following SQL
>to generate SQL that may be used to take datafiles out of backup mode.

>select 'alter database datafile ' || '''' || f.name || '''' || ' end
>backup;'
>from v$datafile f, v$backup b
>where b.status = 'ACTIVE'
>and f.file# = b.file#;

>This can be done before or after the backup.

I figured out how to get the DB mounted :-)

Then I rna the query above. It retruned zero rows. So I'm interpeting this to mean that no tablespaces on this instance were in BACKUP mode when the instance came down. Is this correct?

And if it is, would it be safe to try and startup the instance? I am in the process of heading twoard a complete set of cold backups, but this will take (at least) a couple of days.

neither liberty nor safety."
						-- Benjamin Franklin