MATERIALIZE hint & CTAS WITH statement !

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 9 Sep 2005 02:35:29 -0700

Hi,
I found a statement on J. Lewis' site about which I feel particuliarly puzzled, it starts as follows:
> create table t1 as
> with generator as (
> select --+ materialize
> rownum id,

2 questions:
1/ whatever the site/manual I delve into, I couldn't

   find any description of the MATERIALIZE hint, and 2/ what is this "CREATE TABLE x AS WITH x AS" statement ?!?

(I first thought the reserved word was 'generator', then tried with 'zorglub' and saw I had no syntax error; for this stuff I neither found absolutely NOTHING whether on Metalink, Tahiti etc.)

Can someone please enlighten me sur ce coup-là ?!? Thanks. Received on Fri Sep 09 2005 - 04:35:29 CDT