Re: Lock Table

From: Noel <tbal_at_go2.pll-l>
Date: Thu, 08 Sep 2005 12:46:22 +0200

Użytkownik Iain William Wiseman napisał:

> sybrandb_at_yahoo.com wrote:
>

>>If you require Oracle to behave like Sqlserver, you would better switch
>>to Sqlserver.
>>In Oracle it simply isn't possible to fully lock out readers.
>>

> So how can I test the unavailability of a table in an application? We
> want to make sure the whole thing does not go belly up when table is not
> there

There is one famous error message that clearly says what happen when table, on what application is based, suddenly deasapered. There is also a dictionary where You can easly chech wheter table does or not exists in database.

Why throwing rocks into car for checking if it is comming instead of just open eyes and see it?

--
TomekB tbal_at_go2.pl-l