Re: Is it possible to filter or hook the Oracle SQL parser?

From: Shangwu <sqi_at_nospam.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 17:50:31 -0400

Daniel,

Thank you for the quick response. Pardon me for reposting on multiple groups. Because I am new in this area and not sure which group is proper for the question.
What we want to do is to create a tool that can create table partitions and take some partition off line if the data in the partition is not accessed recently. This activity could cause the existing applications broken if we don't update their queries. So if we can filter the SQL parser of Oracle, all existing queries can be modified to exclude the offline partition. It seems that DBMS_RLS is not what we can utilize and DBMS_ADVANCED_REWRITE is only supported in 10g. Our target Oracle servers include 9.x.

Regards,

Shangwu