HOWTO: set next_extent on LOB indexes?

From: jeremy.henty <jeremy_at_jeremy-hentys-computer.local>
Date: 7 Sep 2005 16:45:05 GMT

I've been enforcing a uniform extent policy on a legacy database, so I've been doing lots of "ALTER TABLE MOVE STORAGE ( ... )". I'm mostly done but there's one nagging exception: I can't set the next_extent property on LOB indexes. I've tried both of:

  alter table FOO modify lob(BAR) (index (storage (next 256K)));   alter table FOO move lob(BAR) store as (index (storage (next 256K)));

... but neither has any effect. This surprises me because the second method *did* successfully modify the initial extent of the LOB indexes! Am I missing something or is there really no way to do this? (Any attempt to alter the index directly gets an Oracle error.)

The database is version 8.1.6 on Solaris 7 .

Regards,

Jeremy Henty Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 11:45:05 CDT