Oracle Performance Issue

From: Roland Lohse <_at_hansenet.de>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 12:00:40 +0200

Hi all,

we have an application running an Oracle's 8.1.7. - unfortunally the code is wrapped and we do not have any support from the software company that made this application.

We have following SQL query that slows down the whole system (taken from TOAD's "kill/trace"):

SELECT user_group_id

     FROM user_group_ou
GROUP BY user_group_id

   HAVING COUNT (*) = :b1 - 1

The table user_group_id contains 3.5 million records; it has tree coloumns, two of them are foreign keys, one of them is a VARCHAR2 flag.

So the problem is that we cannot change the code that slows down the application - does anybody have a hint how to speed up this query?

Thanks Roland Received on Wed Sep 07 2005 - 05:00:40 CDT