10g Chaning Server IP Address

From: Dave <Nospam_at_PublicAccessuNIX.com>
Date: Tue, 6 Sep 2005 12:30:05 -0400

I am building a 10g server on Windows. We expect to change the IP address of the machine as part of implementation. I recall that there were problems with 9i when changing the IP address (Oracle Agent used the hostname or IP address as part of a encryption key) and wanted to check if there were any known issues doing this with 10g.

While I have seen a number of documents instructing one not to use DHCP, that is not what we are looking to do. (Although it does make me concerned about what we are looking to do.) But I have not seen any documents directly on point to changing a static ip address. (We are looking to make a one time change as we move the system from test to production.)

Can anyone point me in a direction? Oracle docs? Other docs? (Neither Google nor Metalink seems to turn up anything, but that might be bad search terms on my part.)

Regards,
Dave Received on Tue Sep 06 2005 - 11:30:05 CDT